CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

why does it have to hurt

as many of you know, we have a lot of projects going on around the house. last night was the roof on the garage. it is about 11 squares. i had to go get the shingles. unload them. then i packed them all onto the roof. each pack is about 100 pounds. so up and down the latter 33 times with 100 pounds on my shoulder. then we moved them into a better place and started putting them on. lots of work. i have two friends over to help, so we got allot done. we had to get a lantern out because it got dark. we finally came down at bout 9:30. all of us dirty, tired and i was hungry(ended up going to taco bell). we did not quite finish though. still have about 1 square to go. ill have to do that tonight by my self. the problem though, is that this morning.... the word ouch comes to mind. i took a bit to process the fact that i was in pain. i slept through my alarm. renae had to wake me up. when i got up i knew i was in trouble. my feet felt like they where on fire, my back popped no less than 5 times as i sat up and my shoulder feels like its broken. not to mention several abrasions all over. but hey, at least my garage roof looks good.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

you lazy good for nothing lay about!

J

Brad Carter said...

Just because you're in pain doesn't mean you should spitefully poke holes in Renae's milk containers.

timpani76 said...

Good theory, Brad. Now we know the REAL reason why Renae had to clean milk out of her fridge four times this week.

I think roofing is the WORST and most PAINFUL home improvement of all. My uncles were roofers and they were the toughest guys I have ever met.

I helped Mark with his roof for a few days and I inwardly said "NEVER AGAIN". Especially when I had to watch helplessly when Mark almost fell off the roof. I knew there was no way I could help a huge guy from falling without falling too.

lizS said...

suck it up you sissy.

Bruce said...

im going out right now to finish with lydias help. i was going to mow my yard first but the mower broke. then i had to go help one of my home teaching families. now im going back up the ladder. oh yea, justice climbed one of the ladders today, all the way to the top. nothing like a 2 year old 20 feet in the air.

Dana Cheryl said...

Back in my days as a Baptist missionary I helped roof several homes. That's probably the reason I started looking for the true church. Finally the truth comes out!! LOL! It's an awful job. The force by with you.

Did J-bird get down by himself? I can just see Renae climbing up the ladder and trying to carry him back down...

Renae said...

Yes, it was an abysmally stupid thing on both our parts. Bruce's part was to leave the ladder in place. Mine was to walk around the corner for literally one minute. I came back around the side of the garage, and there is Justice high above the garage roof. (The ladder stuck way up in the air, above the roof.) I hollared for Bruce and then proceeded my big pregnant self up the ladder. He climbed down by himself with me just under him. Geez, that kid scares the poop out of me sometimes!

timpani76 said...

Pregnant women should not climb ladders!!!

Dana Cheryl said...

He probably wasn't scared one bit! He leaves all the worrying to his parents. :)

Bruce said...

i told her to get off the ladder and to let me handle it. but she would not move. i got it pretty well done(the roof) and good thing too, it rained(not in the forcast) last night for about 15-20 min. tonight i get to stop by an auction to see if there is a peace of furniture we want come home and try to mow, and then take the kids to tae kwon do class. teaching class will be the closest thing ive had to a break in 4 days. aint life grand.

lizS said...

oi, that kid! he'd give me a heartattack he would! and off subject, but btw, renae mary is still giving you her packnplay, but you might want to call her since she's chicken to call you. (silly girl)

Renae said...

"Try ruling the world some time."

Bruce said...

that might be easier, at least then when i shouted orders people would have to listen or i could have them fired.... by the firing squad!

Dana Cheryl said...

Whoa... I'm glad you found a deeper more personal fulfilling relationship with Jesus rather than becoming a crazed dictator! :)

Bruce said...

oh i could be both dania. i think you know the verse in the bible that would explain that i would have to have been ordained by god if i got to be the leader.

Dana Cheryl said...

LOL! Work those Biblical Loopholes!!! :)

Eyepoke said...

Congratulations!!!!

Where is my cigar?

Anonymous said...

When did I say I was too chicken to call Renae? I'm too LAZY! Get your story straight! No matter, she has the pack & play now. Congrats guys!

MC