CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

uhhhhh... no!

After reading Dania's recent blog i decided to tell this story. apparently women not only get hit on by jerks, they get propositioned for prostitution allot to. well i have been propositioned in the other direction on a couple of occasions. it all happened one day(i love stories that start that way), when i was going to college. my class was going to go on a tour of a manufacturing plant. one of my friends from class lived right down the road from the school. the school was not in a very good section of town. i drove to his house so he could ride with me as he had no car. when i got to his house he was already gone. he had decided to meet me at the school. so i turned around and headed back. when i stooped at an intersection my passenger door suddenly opened and a woman hopped into my truck. taken slightly aback i asked her "can i help you?" "yeah take me up this way." i figured she really needed a ride(no pun intended) and thought i looked like some one she could trust. after going up a couple blocks she asked "what do you wanna do?" i told her "i need to go to school." "you didn't want nothing." "no, just on my way to school." "dang, i was hoping to make some money." at this point i chortled a little and said "sorry, i only got about a 1/4 tank of gas and $3, so i really can't help." she looked at me like i was trying to play her. when she realized i really "didn't want to do any thing" she turned and looked out the window, and immediately jumped out when i stooped at the next intersection with out a further word to me. when i told my friend about it, he laughed real hard. he had me describe her. he recognized her and even told me her name. apparently she is well known in the area for "wanting to make some money."

13 comments:

timpani76 said...

How did I miss out on all this fun with prostitution? I don't think I have so much as seen a hooker. I've definitely never been asked "how much"?!!!

Was she pretty?

Eyepoke said...

Way to go Whoremonger.

I lived in Battle mountain, Nevada for about 4 months, where whores are legal. It was a small trailer trash mining town, but it had at least 2-3 whorehouses. There was the Calico club, and the Ho Motel and another whose name escapes me. This was all back when I was missionarying for the Mormon church. of course. Our travel route took us occasionally past the Ho Motel. It was wierd and very unnerving for me, becuase the whores, while they were not busy, just stood outside on the sidewalk- as sort of an advertisement I guess. They didn't wear anything special, just like jeans and a flannel. I would think being a professional whore in a small town would be the worst cause what do you say when you run into your coustomers at the gas station or where ever? I was always terrified that one of them would speak to me. (they never did) They never looked all that happy about thier job, but they didn't look mindbogglingly miserable either. I wonder, do they have some sort of form they have to fill out at then end of each shift:

1)How many guys did you do it with tonight? ___

Wierd.

Renae said...

I've been hit on many a time, in my life, but I've never been propositioned for prostitution. I guess I just don't look like the type. -Ha ha ha!!- (Sorry, I couldn't resist the jab!)

Bruce said...

no. not at all what you think of when you think of the sterio type. i have had more than one job that i didnt like too. i guarantee you have see one timp. you just didnt recognise what she was. i see them down town on a fairly frequently basis. i alwas make a point to point them out to renae. i stoped to ask for directions once. i asked "do you how to get ____?" she said "no, do you need a date?" "excuse me?" "a date, you know lets party?" i chuckled and asked "what did you have in mind? dinner and a movie?" "how bout $20 gets you anny thing you want except.." well i wont say what i couldnt get. she was probly 50 and not in what you would call good shape eigther.

timpani76 said...

Mormon missionaries had to go past houses of ill repute? It seems like they should have burst into flame or something as you went past.

So, I've probably seen a lady of the night just did not know it? Are you giving hooker tours of Saint Louis Bruce?

And over here, we have the best of the worst....

Bruce said...

they are not all that hard to spot once you know what to look for.(kind of like mimbers of the church) i mean, if you see a woman walking alone at night in a not so good area of town and she is watching the cars that drive by real close. and the waves or yells you probly have a winner.

Dana Cheryl said...

LOL! You're right it was a dang funny story. Imagine that... Protitutes in small town IL? I absolutely expect it in the city. On my mission several sisters serving in the city were stopped by the police when traveling to and from appointments. More than once they had to flash the badges to prove they weren't working girls. ha ha!

Eyepoke said...

THATS FUNNY

Renae said...

I want to know how you became such an authority on spotting prostitutes, Bruce.

Bruce said...

its a gift

Anonymous said...

I just enjoy that while Renae has a post about how much she loves her man on thier 14th anniversary, Bruce has a story posted about an old whore he once met.

J

Bruce said...

like i said its a gift.

Dana Cheryl said...

Stop making me laugh or saurkraut will come out my nose!