CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

i can feel it in my bones

this, fall that is, is my favorite time of year. i love spring because every thing comes alive and the days start to get longer. i love summer because its warm and you can swim and just go and enjoy all the green stuff. i love winter because playing out side in the snow hold great memories from my child hood. but fall, fall is the absolute best. all the bugs start to die off. its the best camping weather. you can sit out by a fire and enjoy the evening. its hunting season. (that is one of my major reasons for liking fall). i know my parents did not know what they where doing when they named me, but my name suites me perfectly. Bruce is french and means, from the woods. Norman means, man of the north. so when put together i am "the man of the north woods." and you can ask my wife, that is me. the weather turns a little colder and the woods call to me. I'm not sure i am ever as happy or at least as much at peace as i am when i am in the woods hunting. i don't need to kill anything to feel this way. its always good to have a successful hunt but just being out there hiding, trying to BE part of nature is what it is all about for me. i know some people don't like the idea of hunting. they think it cruel and gross. i don't under stand them. i truly feel that there must be some thing wrong with them. i can tell you that there is some thing special about being part of the natural process. to truly be a hunter and to provide food for my fam. there is nothing quite like it. my heart beats a little faster right now just thinking about it. i involve my self more that most do to. i kill, field dress, skin, quarter, and do almost all of the butchering my self.(i don't have a grinder so cant make hamburger) but like i said, the kill is not the hole, or even most of the reason i hunt. i feel like i am part of nature when I'm out there. i feel very much at home. and fall is the time of year that you can really enjoy it. the beautiful colors, lest rain than spring, and great temperatures for being out there. i would encourage any one to go out in the woods(make shore its not shotgun season) in mid October at about 2:30 - 3:00 in the afternoon, find a big tree to sit down by, sit as quietly as you can until dark, and just watch what happens around you. nature is spectacular. and for me it is at its most brilliant in the fall.

13 comments:

Renae said...

I love fall too. Hunting - not so much. I don't have a problem with others hunting at all, it's just not my thing.

I should have known how life with Bruce would be: Once, when we were dating, he had picked me up for a date; we stopped by his house for something. The phone rang. It was his hunting buddy. "Hey Bruce, you want to go hunting?" Bruce actually took me home on the spot and went hunting with his friend. I was a bit angry.

Dana Cheryl said...

Everyone needs his or her own way to connect with nature. Mine is hiking but I do see the connection with the whole circle of life. Hunting is very honorable when a person uses the meat. That's how my family survived. Connecting to the natural world does bring incredible peace. I love it too!

However I'd probably break up with a guy that chose hunting over me. lol! Renae you are a saint. :)

Bruce said...

i know i put a lot about hunting into this but the point is that i like this season. and she never tells the whole story on that. there was more to it. it was still kinda dumb but still more to it.

Renae said...

Um, no there wasn't any more to it than that. Jason called. You asked me if it was okay to take me home. I was a little mad that you even would ask me that question, so I tried my best not to show that I was rather mad and said "Sure, that's fine." (It was still early on, and I was trying to be the nice girlfriend.) You took me home and went hunting with Jason. If there was more, you should explain it to me.

timpani76 said...

The "nice girlfriend stage of dating". Oh man, if guys knew how short this stage was they would enjoy it more!

Renae said...

first off it wasnt much of a date. we had no plans but to sit and watch tv at my parents house. secondly we (my hunting buddy and I)had been trying to get hunting rights to this place for months and months. he called to let me know that the owner had called to say we could and did i want to go. well as it was some thing i had been working to get for a long time i was very excited and wanted to go. like i said there was a better explination, still kinda dumb, but better. i have since made it up to her. there where several years that i hardly hunted at all. i dont have much choice about it now, we NEED the meat. it cost to much to buy.

Bruce said...

i think its obvious that i said that last comment.

lizS said...

well, my goodness bruce, i didn't know you could be so sensitive and eloquent! fall is mine and john's favorite time of year too. it's the season we started dating. and (especially since i've had kids and my entire body has changed and cold doesn't kill me the way it once did) i love the crisper weather. i've always loved the colors. ;)

Renae said...

Hey all, Bruce seems to get a bum rap from time to time. You should all know that he really is a great husband. He may not have a speck of a feminine side, but he's still very good to us. He is always telling people what a swell person I am (even though I really don't deserve it. You should see me when I get in one of my moods!) He does little things around the house for me, and if anyone needs any help doing a tough manual labor type of a job, Bruce will be there.

Bruce said...

acually i tell people your hot, not swell

Eyepoke said...

Fall is good. But I also dig on Winter too. And when Summer hits the fan, life is really good! Spring however I can't think of anything really stellar about- still cold often enough to be irritating, but not often enough to be snow. Just slush. Winter is good cause it makes you appreciate that the dividing line between a habitable planet and an uninahbitable one is mighty thin, cosmically thinking. (global warming- what a joke)

J

timpani76 said...

I used to love winter, before kids came with their plague of colds. Plus, our house is a lot draftier than our snug little newlywed apartment. We need new windows ;)

Dana Cheryl said...

I wished that I loved winter. My life would be so much more enjoyable. I'm gonna try some winter sports and hopefully that'll make it tolerable.