CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

cursing can be fun

now i know that i am not supposed to say curse words but some times...... well i know I'm not the only one. i herd our primary prez. drop a "S" bomb in the hallway at church the other day. but that is not the discussion i was thinking about. i am pretty sure we have had it already on some ones blog. what i was thinking of is movie quotes, or when you herd some one say some thing and think "you go a head. i may have said some thing like that my self."
i personally like in "the Temple of doom" when Indiana Jones is on the rope bridge and is surrounded by bad guys and simply says "S----!"
i mean what else is there to be said at that point.
another good example, i once saw a man working on his car. he had his young son with him. the kid was probably about 5 or 6. the man was trying to get the lug nuts loose on his car. they where not cooperating. he stood up and really put his weight into it. the lug nut broke loose suddenly and the man went forward and his hand went into the pavement breaking the skin loose from a few of his knuckles. he said "oh, ill be, that, you, well!" he held his breath for a moment looked at his son and then looked up at me. the look in his eyes said #$@^%$&*# @%#&#$!!!!!! the look in my eyes said back to him "i under stand." he then exhaled looked at his son and said in a very pleasant tone "wow, that hurt a lot. could you go get me a wet cloth to put on my hand please son?" and soon as his son was out of ear shot he let fly with one of the greatest strings of swear words that i have ever herd. for that moment when he held it in until his son was gone, he was my hero.

3 comments:

Brad Carter said...

Did you ever see Planes Trains and Automobiles, where Steve Martin says "f--king" about 40 times in a row? That was the best movie scene ever.

I think the idea of cursing being bad is outdated. We say replacement words that mean the same thing so what's the difference really? Kids know all the curse words so does it really matter if they hear/say them? And if you're just quoting somebody, it's silly to censor yourself.

I've always told my kids that they can say anything they want at home as long as they know better than to curse at school, church or at their grandparents. They never actually do curse (well, I guess my oldest has once or twice) and I rarely do either, but at least they know they have the freedom to express themselves however they want.

Dana Cheryl said...

It really is the intent of a work that makes it a curse. I rarely censor myself when quoting another person, movie, etc... Except for a few swear words that I just hate saying. My real problem with cursing is that we're losing our vocabulary.

I listen to people cursing and they're not really saying anything. So I listen with a literal ear and then it is pretty funny. Try it. It's funny to a degree.

Although I must say that I lose all respect for people that really can't articulate their thoughts using real words. Wal-mart people they're everywhere! LOL!!

timpani76 said...

I think God invented curse words so we would all learn self-control. I cannot tell you how many times I've refrained from cursing at my mother;)