CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Mighty Hunter Returns

So this past weekend was 2nd deer season. No one in my deer camp killed a deer first season. Most of us returned to try again. I shot the biggest thing out of every one there. That's right, you know I'm bad. No one does it like me, and i mean no one. hear is how it went down. we were helping the new guy in camp(never hunted before in his life). he killed 2 deer about 10 minutes apart sat. morning. so 2 of us went to help him. as we where guiding him through the proses of field dressing his first deer i looked up to see 2 deer running right at us through the field. i picked up his gun and as the deer ran past i shot....and missed. well a bit later we where dragging the first deer over to the truck. when we got to a fence we had to cross i look up and saw the most amazing thing. i had missed the fist deer as it ran past, BUT, i was lucky enough to hit what was 80 yards behind it. My friends truck. yes you herd me right, i shot his truck. i am such an idiot. he took it unbelievably well. you would not believe the jokes i had to endure the rest of the week end. I'm sure your thinking of some right now. on the good side though. the only damage was the hole in the hood. the slug did not touch any thing else, and the truck runs like nothing happened. i did tag and take a photo with my kill. i will post it for your enjoyment.

12 comments:

lizS said...

LOL!! oh, that is the BEST! way to go bruce, you mighty hunter you! way to bring home the big stuff!

Hoba Chi said...

The story that anti-gun nuts will tell is how you shot your friend in the truck!

Good job mighty hunter! Perhaps the VP (present) will want to go hunting w/you!

timpani76 said...

You were shooting on the fly with an unfamiliar gun so missing was not that lame. But, shooting the truck? LOL.

Mary said...

LOL! That looks like a pretty nice truck too! I can't believe he was pretty cool about it. I think, though, that I would try to blame the hole in the hood on some other hunter in the area. Obviously some other guy missed his quarry and hit your friend's truck. What a jerk. He didn't even leave his contact information so his insurance could pay for the damages. What kind of a world are we living in anyway?! And more grumbling and complaining along those lines.

Bruce said...

sory, that would not be honest. its going to cost me between $100 and $300 to get fixed. its an 2005, F-350. he was the first one to say a sware word and then smile and make fun of me. i have shruged off dammage to my property befor. i seem to remember some one backing out of my drive way and hitting my front porch and being woried i would yell. not a big deal. i got to up grade my hand rail from old rusty to new wood.

Bruce said...

i shot his truck. what an idiot!

Dana Cheryl said...

So will you be returning to the woods for another deer/truck hunt?

Bruce said...

i dont know, what are you driving these days?

Eyepoke said...

The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands.

Bruce said...

to fight the hord

Eyepoke said...

singing, crying

Bruce said...

valhalla here i come(sort of)