CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

You should probably know better

O.k. any time you weigh 240 and are going to do something that involves the words tornado and kick you should probably, no you should definitely stretch and warm up first. otherwise you will walk around looking like Quasimodo's brother for the next couple of days. just thought you should know. you see its like this. once upon a time i was actually pretty good at tae kwon do(kind of martial arts). i qualified and went to national level competition 6 times. i could do amazing thing. BUT! i was 18ish and only about 165 pounds(ill show you some pictures some day). so some things have changed over the years. i cant do the splits any more is one of them. cant touch my toes either. but lets not lament the past. i am still OK and can hit a heavy bag harder than any one i know. i just need to stretch first.

8 comments:

timpani76 said...

Oooh! I'm here, I found you!

lizS said...

wait wait, just a second. i'm going to pound you into little bits, i just need to stretch first, so i don't hurt myself.

Anonymous said...

Hrmmm So now I can spam the hell out of your blog ;) jk.

Anonymous said...

Damn it I'm new to the blog and it didnt put down my name like i watned too.

lizS said...

a curser! mormons don't know cursers! what riff-raff are you bringing into our society bruce?! jk.

Bruce said...

oh liz has never said ANNNNNY curse words. liz is the perfict example for us all. lets hear what john has to say about that.
but i will respectfully request that pelople refrain from useing sware words on my site.... unless you realy need to.

Anonymous said...

Bruce, sometimes I feel less of TKD black belt because my instructor's flavor of TKD did not do jumping kicks until 3rd and 4th degree black belt. Then I hear stories like yours and it warms my heart as I go back to doing jumping front kicks and inside crescent kicks.

Seriously, I feel for you as you looked like a hunched over gorilla at church. Remember to warm up next time and that you will never be or need to be 18 again.

Big E.

Bruce said...

thanks E. i wander if ill ever see that kind of agillity again though. it would be nice if only to have it for a short wile.